Charter – Shepparton Ministers Association
Who are we?
- The Shepparton Ministers Association is a group of ministers from across various churches and denominations in Shepparton who regularly meet for mutual nurture, support, encouragement and prayer.
- Our goal is to facilitate and encourage the co-operative and collaborative work and witness of the Christian Churches in Shepparton for the glory of God.
What do we believe? *
- “The bible is the inspired and authoritative Word of God containing all things pertaining to Salvation through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ”.
- There is one God, existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His Virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His shed blood for the remission of sins, in His resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
- Salvation is found only through Jesus Christ and requires individuals to acknowledge their sin, accept His forgiveness and repent.
- That the salvation of lost and sinful man requires regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto eternal separation from God.
- In the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Jesus established the church to carry out His ministry on earth.
- We respect the denominational integrity of the churches from which our membership is drawn, and we recognise the broad spectrum of theological interpretation within our membership.
- This charter is not intended to limit that broad spectrum of theological belief, but to affirm the things we hold in common.
Activities of the SCM
- Activities presently engaged in by the Association and its members are:
- Bi-Monthly Business Meetings
- Bi-Monthly Relational Gatherings
- Monthly Prayer gathering.
- Operation of Combined Churches Website
- Combined Churches Services
- Hospital Visitation Co-ordination
- Other combined activities or functions may be determined upon from time to time as need and opportunities arise.
- Any public statement or function which the Association gives its support and name to will require the prior approval of those present at a Ministers Association meeting or designated Executive if timelines are limited.
- Membership is open to the duly appointed ministers, pastors, and priests of churches, which recognise the statement of common faith.
- A meeting of the SMA may approve other persons. This will take effect by a majority agreement of the meeting.
- Membership does not bind the Churches of members of the Association to financial or practical support of Association’ sponsored programs.
- We recognize the due process of authority and decision-making within our Churches and allow scope for each Church to determine its level of commitment to the Association’s programs.
- The function of the SCM Executive shall be: –
- Meet as required to help facilitate the smooth running of the business and function of the SCM to operate as delegated representatives of the SMA
- The Executive team of the SCM shall consist of the Chairperson, Vice-Chair, Secretary and/or Treasurer.
- The Executive team will be selected for a period of two years or for a lesser period as may be stipulated by a nominee and agreed to by the Association.
- Where expenses are incurred in any activity of the Association, churches participating in that activity shall share equally in the costs incurred, unless a duly assembled meeting of the Association determines otherwise.
- In case of discontinuing the Shepparton Ministers’ Association, any remaining funds will be transferred to a similar Association with the same beliefs and objectives.
- All outgoing cheques are to be signed by 2 association members